So Tess touched on our recent experience at the Spur Steak Ranch at Macarthur Square in Campbelltown (or Ambarvale, if you want to be picky).
I won't say much about the service, Tess already mentioned how excruciatingly slow it was. But I'll say it again anyway: The service was excruciatingly slow (especially considering the place was pretty much empty). The only thing saving me from getting greatly annoyed with the situation is that I bought my Sony Pocketstation with me on the trip up (which Tess stole any time there was an event on 'Chocobo World').
Onto the food! I ordered what the lads and ladies at Spur called "Bambino Nachos". I'm not sure what a Bambino is, but I'm sure it's entry at Dictionary.com would read something like this:
Bambino (noun):
- A phrase to fancy up a pseudo-mexican dish that would otherwise be something you'd find at your local RSL, faults and all.
In all honesty, I only picked the dish because I'm too much of a tightarse to order the $22.95 Tex-Mex nachos. That, and the idea of Tex-Mex scares me.
So the meal comes out and I'm initially impressed. I mean, it's hard to screw up what essentially is corn ships, cheese, salsa, and guacomole slapped onto a plate with reckless abandon. I'm pretty sure 'Nachos' is Mexican for 'edible clusterfuck', but I digress.
All in all my meal was pretty tasty. The corn chips could have done with a bit of toasting, but other than that, I was pretty happy with what I got. It's just a shame the service was slow, which really bought down my overall opinion of the place.
Spur as a whole is a place I'd probably go back to. It deserves a second chance and hopefully, my next review of them will be a tad more positive.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment