You'd think I would have learned by now, wouldn't you?
We started in the World Square shopping centre, where we got Bubble Tea and cookie puffs. Normally I am not so much into tea (when I first tried commercial bottled iced tea, i got a horrible migraine soon after drinking it. Needless to say, I was a bit put off tea in general after that), but I got chocolate milk tea, and it was incredible! However, I shouldn't have let the clerk convince me to get a large; combined with the cookie puffs, the tea came across very sickly sweet, and I felt sick pretty quickly. Luckily, dear Ruku obliged me by not only drinking his large tea (he got coconut milk tea, for those interested), but finishing off the half of mine that I couldn't get through.
While we were in Sydney, we also went for stroll down Pitt Street, where we re-aquainted ourself with an old friend, and made a new one. Mr Dduckbocki & Miss Kkochi which has been summed up better than I could here, is across from Games Paradise, and down the street from Kings Comics, and as we're big nerds, we like to make a stop at these stores whenever we're in Sydney. So we're well aquainted with Mr D & Miss K, as eating Korean street food is a cultural experience. At least, that's what we tell ourselves, as we nom delicious skewered food like these vegetable dumpling things:
And here is Ruku enjoying a dduckbocki, as you can tell because it's half eaten
Dduckbocki appears to be some kind of rice dumpling that resembles a sunbed, covered in chilli sauce. The texture is chewy, and all I ever taste is chilli sauce. If anyone is more enlightened about the subject, please comment and let me know!
And now on to our last stop. A place where I may never be allowed again.
Cupcakes on Pitt.
The cupcakes are $2. I bought four. All were delicious. (for reference, I bought chocolate strawberry, honeycomb, tiramisu and dark chocolate)
I don't think there's much more I can say without causing drool-induced damage to my keyboard, so instead I will cap off this post with pictures that do these delights absolutely no justice (I really do need to start carrying a camera with me, instead of relying on the camera in my mobile phone).
Enjoy fooderinos!
No comments:
Post a Comment