Seeing I'm sometimes found in chinese grocery stores and -considering there's tons of the bloody things around, you're bound to find something that'll make you go "what the hell?", I figure I'd make a not-too-regular contribution to Om Nom Nommer entitled "Bowl Of Oddities". Half "Steve! Don't Eat It!", half "world of instruments" segment from 'John Safran's Music Jamboree', and a dash of..... whatever else I can contribute to this winning combination to taste.
To kick this off, thought I'd touch on something new I found while spending time down in Wollongong: Black Sesame Soy Drink.
I really don't know what attracted me to it. Maybe it was the Robert Smith inspired black tetra pack, maybe it was the naive idea in my head that it'd taste like chocolate So Good that I down by the litre (hence, why its place in our house is as rare as hens teeth), but to cut a prose on spending maybe five minutes in an asian grocery store, I ended up buying it.
First off, the drink gets bonus points purely 'cause it has those nifty little 'lightsaber' extendable straws that I remember finding awesome back when I was around 7 years old.... What? Stop judging me. I lived in the freakin' sticks, man!
The taste was.... well, pretty much what one expects from Soy Milk. except less of that nutty aftertaste that killed the notion of drinking it in coffee for me back when I woke up retarded one day and thought I'd try being a vegan (suffice to say, it didn't last. It was a month before I got tired of those pointless Soy sausage things and switched back to normal food).
I guess I can recommend it if you're looking for something different. Possibly not for using in coffee though. That's what Bailey's Irish Cream is for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've moved! I've made the transition to Choosinglosing.wordpress.com!
Hope you join me and add the new RSS to your reader!
Just_Kelly
Post a Comment